Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

translating a sketch on a cylinder

Hello all and anyone of assistance,

I am working on my final project for an Onshape-affiliated class. I am in the process of attempting to replicate a french press coffee press. I am trying to translate the attachment sites of the handle onto what is the exterior outside of the notched spaces on the body of the french press. I've managed to use the "wrap" function to affix the elliptical attachment points to the body, however, because I had to approximate where they would go based on having to restrict placement relative to the plane I was sketching in, I would like to translate these sketches onto what would be the hard plastic that is continuous around the body. I tried using the "move plane" function but have a feeling that because it is not a plane that this function is not applicable. Any advice on how I might be able to do this would be most appreciated. I can even share some of the points I get on the assignment with you, if you'd like to share in me getting an A...

Here is the project I am working on. I am assuming that this is the best way to view this project since I can't share it with anyone specifically. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/753600cff23c53fa8a8d257f/w/09d3a04a053fdbdff3833f04/e/eea457fd45832133225b67b5

Thanks in advance.

Alexi

Answers