Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to best construct this piece?

For a class I'm taking, I have to copy a tube piece off a toy model. I have the general idea of the piece, but I don't know how to remove the intersecting section. My teacher (who is also new to Onshape) suggested I just make those sections transparent and pretend they don't exist, but I'd like to learn how to actually fix this.
Here are pictures of the front and side (with the part I want gone highlighted) and the general shape of the piece (I forgot to highlight the problem section here).
If there's a better way to make this piece, please let me know!

Best Answers

• Options
    steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    @emma_sonthipanya

Watch the GIF below.
    It’s about 30 seconds long

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,394
    Answer ✓
    If the tubes are already hollow (so you can’t use the Shell technique) use Delete Face and select the orange faces in your pic. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers