Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Change Mate Connector Type

lni64lni64 OS Professional Posts: 38 ✭✭
It used to be possible to change the type of a mate connector after the definition (say from slider to cylidrical). This feature was quite usefull but it looks like it does not work anymore (cant select anything from the dropdown list). Was the behaviour changed by purpose or is it just a bug?
Thanks Lutz

Comments

• Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    lutz_niggl, I checked with my Onshape,But i can changed the type of mate after definition.
    I think there is no problem.Just refresh the browser and try it again.
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lutz_niggl
    You can change mates retrospectively, but not mate connectors.
    Connectors are universal: they work for all types of mate.
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    @lutz_niggl , I think it is just a bug. Here is no problem in changing. It working fine in my system.You can change mate constraint anytime whenever you feel from drop down list as shown in below video.

• lni64lni64 OS Professional Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Thanks, everything works fine after a browser refresh. Onshape is running so stable that I often forget such simple remedies  like reboot / refresh :-)
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    I'm happy that a simple refresh fixed it but it still sounds like there is a bug here.  If you run into this case again, can you submit a feedback to us so that we can look into it?
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • lni64lni64 OS Professional Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Sure