Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Using same assembly file with many people

kevin_daney054kevin_daney054 Member Posts: 9 EDU
Hello, I have been using OnShape for 5 months now. I am a teacher. I am having my students design outdoor restaurant seating during the Pandemic.  One student is in charge of the table and chairs, another the building, another the dishes, and another for extras.  Is there any basic advice you can give me?  I am practicing now.  If a student makes an assembly with 5 parts such as placemat with plate, cup, and bowl and this assembly is shared with team leader.  can the team leader erase the bowl?  I tried and I can not seem to open the assembly that was shared and make changes.  I was given edit rights.

Comments

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693
    If placemat assembly is linked from a different document when you open it from the top level assembly, you are in a version. Click "Return to Main" 

You'll be in a workspace where , if you have Edit permissions you'll be able to make changes.
    If this does not help, please publish a screen shot of what you are seeing in the document you are trying to change.