Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Batch-deleting missing external references from a sketch?

edward_panedward_pan Member Posts: 10
It happens often that after I edit something on which some external references for a later sketch exist, the sketch goes red.
I know this doesn't really affect the features next in line and all I have to do is to delete those missing constraints, but sometimes a sketch uses many external references and I have to delete them one by one because those don't seem to be multi-selectable.

I think it would be great to be able to delete those all at once.

Comments

• Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    It happens often that after I edit something on which some external references for a later sketch exist, the sketch goes red.
    I know this doesn't really affect the features next in line and all I have to do is to delete those missing constraints, but sometimes a sketch uses many external references and I have to delete them one by one because those don't seem to be multi-selectable.

I think it would be great to be able to delete those all at once.

I'd vote for this.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
    Does the transform command work to correct the issue? It is not a workflow that I use much but the transform command in the sketch breaks all constraints, maybe that would not have the effect you are looking for. 
  • edward_panedward_pan Member Posts: 10
    Does the transform command work to correct the issue? It is not a workflow that I use much but the transform command in the sketch breaks all constraints, maybe that would not have the effect you are looking for. 

Yes, it is a useful approach.!