Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Will we one day be able to work in VR?

piero_petrosillopiero_petrosillo Member Posts: 2
edited February 2021 in Product Feedback
When yesterday I wore a cheap Oculus Quest 2 for the first time and installed the simple free Gravity Sketch program from the Oculus store, the first feeling was WOW! THIS MAY BE A REVOLUTION! 
The second: if OnShape could interface with a VR headset it would be crazy! You don't just see a Gravity Sketch video on youtube, it absolutely does not get the idea because it is not a 3D video.. you have to wear a VR headset and install Gravity Sketch to understand what potential this technology can offer for those who model in 3D! 
Furthermore I think OnShape compared to other modeling programs has a big advantage: it works via a web browser.. this potentially means that you could more easily create an interface for the Oculus Quest 2 and, above all, work without the hassle of a USB cable connected to the PC! In total freedom, the maximum! 
Otherwise, if the processing power of the Quest 2 should be insufficient and not to exclude the other headsets that need a connection to the PC, the Quest 2 also works via cable. 
I ask to the developers if it would be a very good and extremely innovative thing for OnShape to launch into this technology taking another huge step forward in the policy of ease of use, power, flexibility... adding also the immersion.

Thank's
Piero