Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Chrome WebGL issue

One of my students is having trouble getting Onshape to work on Chrome. 

They are using Win 10 and Chrome is up to date.  They have enabled hardware acceleration, but WebGL does not appear enabled when they go to chrome://gpu/   Onshape does work for them on Edge.  I suggested they re-install Chrome. 

Any other suggestions? 

Comments

• Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @david_kurtz Having them try another browser is a good way to see if the card is bad.  In this case it could be something related to the build of Chrome, Chrome being out of date or has a profile with a number of flags flipped that is causing it.  If a reinstall of chrome does not fix it, have them send in a ticket.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    david_kurtzdavid_kurtz Member Posts: 24 EDU
    @lougallo Thank you.  He is going to do the reinstallation tonight and I'll send an update as soon and I hear back.
  • Options
    david_kurtzdavid_kurtz Member Posts: 24 EDU
    @lougallo I heard back and re-installing Chrome did not fix the problem for the student.  I'll have him submit a ticket.
  • Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 203 EDU
    edited February 2021
    It's a bug in chrome. There is a workaround somewhere in the forums where changing a setting in chrome forces it to use the graphics card. I just tell my students to use Firefox. 
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,371

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI