Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Drawings: Lines & Construction Lines & Dimensions

warren_pegleywarren_pegley Member Posts: 14
edited February 2021 in General
Hello ONSHAPE & Others
Firstly Happy 2021.

I found it frustrating that Lines & Construction Lines & Dimensions didn't snap to one another - Just saying, Its great that you can export & tune it up on a 2d CAD software, But ONSHAPE is so close to not needing too, once that & Line Weights are sorted.

Can I also suggest that Onshape in-beds the Onshape logo in the free drawings Title Block, to help prevent unwarranted use of the free application, If your quick enough you can punch out a design & delete it.

Example on Wikipedia why the Logo would be beneficial
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Second_moment_of_area&action=edit&section=8#/media/File:2nd_Moment_Area_Calcs_(1)_1.jpg

I'd hate to see this program not be available to the public, 2 reasons. 1. FreeCAD is very difficult to learn (But is gaining usability & functionality with commercial support), Being able to design when all else has turned to shit is a what society needs - to drive innovation & in turn the economy, Sad to see F360 become restrictive as there shouldn't be a monopoly on CAD, In my opinions Governments should endorse and fund CAD & Standardise the hell out of it. As being forced to relearn Software after Software is counter productive. But if your recovering from say your 2nd spinal injury what bloody choice have you got.

Regards
W.P