Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

"Holes" with missing geometry do not indicate errors.

Brad_GoodmanBrad_Goodman Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
The standard "holes" feature has (at least) a couple of bugs when it comes to referencing missing geometries.

I created a sketch with THREE vertices, then created "Hole1" which added holes at all 3. Then I went back and deleted one of the vertices. Notices that "Hole1" only actually draws 2 holes, but shows three in the feature. (This is a bug - the third vertex show show up as RED, as should "Hole1") I then created a third vertex in Sketch1, then created "Hole2". This time I created 3 Mate Connectors at each of the three vertices. I then deleted one of the vertices. If you open Hole2, it correctly shows the third mate connector in RED (as the vertex was deleted) - but Hole2 itself on the timeline SHOULD appear in RED.

I was able to easily recreate these issues in a simplified sketch (for support) Please see:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/93caa448e3145c235563c4ec/w/c4e9caa9bf9d02273feef730/e/932bff638c96363362edcf78

Comments

• Options
    Brad_GoodmanBrad_Goodman Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Also:

1. (For completness-sake) I extruded the sketch at the beginning, and was placing the holes in this extrusion
    2. "Hole1" should also show up in the timeline as RED - because it is in-error.