Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New FeatureScript - The Variable Library FeatureScript

Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
edited February 2021 in FeatureScript
I'm very happy to finally be sharing the Variable Library FeatureScript with the Onshape community! The Variable Library FeatureScript utilizes attributes to make the creation of global variables in Onshape quick, easy, and user friendly.

The Variable Library FeatureScript works by using attributes to "store" variables on variable library cubes via the Create libraries tab. The variables attached to those parts can then be used in other part studios by selecting the appropriate variable library cubes under the Use libraries tab. Because of the way the variable library tool is designed, users can create variable libraries using the feature interface directly (in a manner practically identical to Onshape's variable feature), or they can be imported from a CSV file uploaded to Onshape.

One thing that's important to note is that FeatureScript variable functions cannot be stably attached to variable libraries. Instead, users who wish to add their own custom variable functions will need to modify the Variable Function Library. For more information on how to do that, see the Variable Function Library as well as the documentation for the variable library FeatureScript.

Documentation for the variable library FeatureScript which can be found here. You can add the variable library FeatureScript to your toolbar here. If you have any comments or feedback, feel free to leave them below. I hope you find my FeatureScript useful!
CS Student at UT Dallas
Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
Check out my FeatureScripts here:

Comments