Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Rollerchain Vex robotic parts

Hi,

I want to create a representation of the rollerchain I use on my robot. I did a small version of the rollerchain and all worked well, but when I do a larger version of it I cannot achieve to connect the final parts of the chain without having a message from onshape telling me that my mate "overdefine the assembly" . See below.

Any suggestion ?

Answers

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,698 PRO
    You could try using a different mate for the last link. Something that gives it a small amount of room so that Onshape doesn't think its overdefined.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • eloi_mosnier972eloi_mosnier972 Member Posts: 3 EDU
    I already tried to put a cylindrical mate but it does not solve my problem. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 475 PRO
    @eloi_mosnier972,  make the document public (currently view only / can't be copied). 

Conflicts may occur when two or more mates attempt to constrain the same degree of freedom. I suspect that you are on the right track by replacing a revolute mate with a cylindrical, but may need to release additional degree/s of freedom.  Try a ball mate.  That may alleviate the conflict.