Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Multi Mate Connector request

steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in FeatureScript
@konstantin_shiriazdanov

This is a great featurescript

A couple things that could make Multi Mate edits faster

1. Display translate (offset) & revolve x,y,z delta coordinates for each item in the Transform array dialog
  2. Ability to reorder those items

Comments

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Steve
    I can't make transform parameters to display in multi row manner, if add all the parameters inside it looks like this:
    also the ability to reorder array items is already there by default

• Options
    edited February 2021
    @konstantin_shiriazdanov

Thanks for the quick response

I typically use Onshape on my iPhone, so I wasn't aware of those two items already being implemented.
    The way it works on the desktop is what I was looking for. So I’ll use my computer when I need to reorder

Thanks for the info Konstantin

And like I say - it is a great fieaturescript !!

• Options
    edited February 2021
    @konstantin_shiriazdanov

What you said above is an ACCEPTED ANSWER. And if I had the ability to click on some thing that says ACCEPTED ANSWER, I would. But evidently, I filed this under featurescript and it doesn’t appear to give me that option. I didn’t know that would happen

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem, I created a lot of threads on this forum, and get a very helpful answers, though almost every time I was forgetting to make it as a question.
  • Options
    javl0p_2javl0p_2 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    @konstantin_shiriazdanov

Hi Konstantin! First of all, I would like to thank you for your work on the MultiMate Connector FS, it is really helpful for creating robotic assemblies.

I have a question, though. Would it be possible to get the opposite? I mean, to obtain the transformation information (such as dx, dy, dz, rotx, roty, rotz, or even the transformation matrix) from two already-created MC.

I created a IR for that, but I believe your FS is really close to that already.

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/20536/get-and-set-pose-between-mates#latest

I really appreciate your work. Thanks!
  • Options
    Konst_ShKonst_Sh Member Posts: 41 PRO
    you can make the feature which has query inputs for 2 mate connectors, evaluates their coordinate systems and evaluates transform from first coordinate system to another. this transform value you can print in console and copy to your external code, it will be a map with linear and rotational components.

• Options
    Thanks! I'll give it a try (even though I have never coded in FS)

I see that you used to functions transform() and rotationAround() to apply the transformation. Do you have any idea if there is a function to get the opposite? Something like getTransform()?

Cheers!
  • Options
    When we saying transform in featurescript we mean the value of type Transform , to apply this value and make actual tranform of the body in part studio you need to use opTransform() function with certain arguments, one of which is the precalculated transform value. So here is the transform type and functions documentation:
    https://cad.onshape.com/FsDoc/library.html#module-transform.fs
    So the tranform() and rotationAround() will both return you Transform value, no need for additional getTransform().
  • Options
    Ok, I get it. The way I imagine this kind of functinality is to be able to select two MC and get the Transform between them.

I guess I need two MC as Query, the evMateConnector() function to get their respective CoorSystem and the functions toWorld() and fromWorld()

Kind of Transform = fromWorld(evMateConnector(MC1)) * toWorld(evMateConnector(MC2))

I'm aware that would not be the appropiate syntax but illustrates the idea. 

Any thoughts on how to print the Transform result in the user interface window?

• Options
    edited September 2023
    I suggest you to print transform value in featurescript notices console - it is opened by pressing { ! } button in top-right side of part studio page.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot! It worked!