Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Teachers, how do I prevent my students from cheating?

kevin_daney054kevin_daney054 Member Posts: 9 EDU
Any ideas of how to see when and who made the first drawing of an object?
I am worried my students are just down loading from Public Files.  I am doing the reverse engineering project of drawing the parts of a clicking ball point pen. 

I see you can look at "Version and History" in the upper left but that shows me as the owner if I copy something from the Public files.

Any help would be great.

Kevin

Comments

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,176
    A simple way to check that a document is not a copy is to look at the start version -- if it's a copy, it'll have whatever was copied.  If it's an original, it'll just have an empty part studio and assembly.  You can in principle get around this by creating an empty document and bringing in tabs using parting out, but the history of changes in the document will show this -- show the individual changes and if the student did the work, the changes show what they did when.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    mcheli_academicmcheli_academic Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 10 EDU
    To add to Ilya's comment, here's a video that covers the different strategies that exist in EDU Standard and EDU Enterprise for evaluating the academic integrity of a document:  https://learn.onshape.com/courses/evaluating-academic-integrity-of-documents