Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

3D Printer Spool Adapter CAD Model

nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 663 PRO
Hi all,

I designed a 3D printer spool adapter. (found some design inspiration on thingiverse). Thought some of you might have a use for it. It uses configurations to adjust a few of the parameters. I will say, Onshape Configurations are way easier to figure out than ProE family tables! ha ha.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e22549931b2e6c1dd9d690c4/w/c64d4a983a1a448cfde5ebff/e/bb8a84e19df1ce180c664847

Comments

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    Very nice. Thanks. I hope to remember that tensioning method going forward. I also like other features like the arm flanges for insertion stops and the lead ins. The darker of the adapters have a nice metallic look. What is the color? What filament did you use to print them? - Scotty
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 663 PRO
    Hi, thanks for the comment. I bought some silver color PLA about a year ago just to have some color variety. It was just some 20 USD stuff from Amazon. I didn't pay any attention to the brand. They were all printed in PLA. I'm sure they will take a set eventually, but they will probably still function ok.