Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Create Depression / Concave / Remove material from Surface - Bike Aerobars

triharderttrihardert Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
Hi All,

Apologies if this is a stupid question... but... I can't work out how to remove material from the top of an extrude.

I'm trying to make some new aerobars for my TT bike that can support the entire forearm. I've created sketches for the top and side profiles. Then I extruded the top and removed from the side via a new surface.

I'm now left with a uniform but wavy 'flat' surface that has varying widths.

What I'd like to do now is concave the surface to allow the forearm to sit into the depression comfortably, around 10mm at its deepest point. But I can't figure out a way to do this!

Ultimately, I'd also like the underside of the bars to have a little more of a leading airfoil shape, but at the moment I've filleted it (but want it to be a sharper profile) – again, I can't seem to work this out!

All this leads me to the conclusion that I'm probably approaching this whole project from the wrong point of view!

Any help much appreciated!

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2cbd5941905be8c3dc2c1374/w/4d4b9d4a4eb4ea5a3bc9f62f/e/38ae6c8abaa5bd51bc8b86ca

Cheers,

Tom

Answers