Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Bug : Dimension does not work with French keyboards.

jacques_astromathjacques_astromath Member Posts: 2
edited April 2021 in Product Feedback

I have a french keyboard. The numbers are obtained with the shift key. The problem occurs when I draw an entity ( line, rectangle) and wish to dimension it immediately after drawing it. But if I hit shift + 1, for example , Onshape  interprets the keyboard short cut (Front view).

This bug (Yes, it is a bug !) will occur for all keyboard layouts that require the shift key for numbers. 

I have a way around this bug which is first to hit the key without shift, for example &, and then correct and hit shift+1. This time everything will be OK, as Onshape recognizes that I am in a text field entry. It would be better if Onshape solves the bug  and disable the shift+number shortcut  at the same time it gives the ability to fill the dimension field. That would solve the problem.

I have just reported it as a bug to Onshape which seems to be gained by the Microsoft Syndrome : It's not a bug, its a feature !  I hope they will revise their policy

Tagged: