Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Creating a raised edge

eric_borden595eric_borden595 Member Posts: 21
Hello,
If you look at this drawing: <a href="" title="Link: null">https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c474eddd6d7bd94dd68eb92e/w/56547b004e63720d53780d16/e/f47f36678f72a1f046ace700</a>
I have created a border along the edge of the parts that is higher than the rest of the part.
I created this by offsetting the border 1mm inward and then extruding this 1mm wide area with add to the original part.  This seems to work but...I have run into trouble!
It really depends if I can get an offset to work or not.  In this example this method works but in other drawings I have, I can't get the offset to work and I can't creat the 1mm edge to extrude.

Is there another way to achieve what I'm trying to do?
I don't think shell works here because I only want the long edges to be higher and not short ends or the holes.

Thank you.

Answers