Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Jpeg images not displaying

andrew_banhamandrew_banham Member Posts: 14 EDU
I can only see a frame where the images are imported?

Best Answer

• Options
    SmithSmith Member Posts: 7 EDU
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Could you insert a screenshot of this happening?  If you are having issues on how to add a JPEG file, here is how to do it:

1. In bottom left of your screen, click the plus, shown in the red box.  This should bring up a list of options.
    2. Towards the bottom of the list, you should see import.  Click that button, and from there you can add your JPEG file.  Double check to make sure the file you are inserting works properly on a separate program, such as your photo gallery, and full image is showing.
    3. This should create a new tab at the bottom ending in .jpg/.jpeg
    4. Click that and let it load.  It takes longer the larger the file size is, and loads top down. If only the upper portion is showing, it means the file has not yet loaded.  You could either wait it out, or change the resolution of your image.
    Hope this helps :smile:
    - Ethan

Answers

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    Here are the steps,

• Options
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Could you insert a screenshot of this happening?  If you are having issues on how to add a JPEG file, here is how to do it:

1. In bottom left of your screen, click the plus, shown in the red box.  This should bring up a list of options.
    2. Towards the bottom of the list, you should see import.  Click that button, and from there you can add your JPEG file.  Double check to make sure the file you are inserting works properly on a separate program, such as your photo gallery, and full image is showing.
    3. This should create a new tab at the bottom ending in .jpg/.jpeg
    4. Click that and let it load.  It takes longer the larger the file size is, and loads top down. If only the upper portion is showing, it means the file has not yet loaded.  You could either wait it out, or change the resolution of your image.
    Hope this helps :smile:
    - Ethan
  • Options
    Maybe it is smarter to start with some tutorial's of Onshape before trying to make something.
    And there is a very good help system.
  • Options
    andrew_banhamandrew_banham Member Posts: 14 EDU
    Hi 
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    I should have supported my original question with a screenshot to avoid confusion.

I believe the problem may be related to the image themselves ( perhaps the size is too small)

Note:
    all of the images are uploaded into the Document and can be opened as well as seen as thumbnails.

Select import, then select the correct image, start the click, and drag box ..... IMAGE APPEARS HERE... then when I confirm the size, THE IMAGE DISAPPEARS...

AB

• Options
    Try uploading a screenshot of the image
  • Options
    Try uploading a screenshot of the image
    I agree, switching to a .png file might work better than the current file type you’re using.  Let me know if that solves it