Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I use “TraceParts 3D Design Library App”?

Today I will share with you how to use this new native Onshape App “TraceParts 3D Design Library”.
This tutorial will help you to access directly to this powerful design tool and get the needed 3D CAD models quickly and easily.

Go to App store - Manufacturers Models and click “TraceParts 3D Design Library App”

In the lower right, click “Subscribe”.

Click the + menu and go to application - TraceParts 3D Design Library 

Search with product name or part number or check the suppliers list. 

On the search results page, refine with the Supplier name and/or Standards organisations. 

Click the product on the search result page and go to the product page. Choose the CAD models format as ‘Onshape’ and click the button on the right to download. 

Get a notification about the completed translation. Click the link to open the model into Onshape. 

Click right to open the properties to view the BOM (Bill of Materials) 

Of course, you can also find a tutorial video here  https://youtu.be/UDEsIsZSX6Y  

Comments

• Options
    Aaron_MagninAaron_Magnin Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 114
    Came here to post that same video, thanks for beating me to it, Bertrand!