Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Adding an Isometric View within a drawing

Jonathan_28Jonathan_28 Member Posts: 3
I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I searched and I couldn't seem to find an answer.

When you make a drawing from a Part (right click) you get the standard four views. However if you start with a blank drawing template and want to add views  - how can you add an isometric  view? All the other standard options are on the view list but isometric -  it is a little odd as it is available when you create directly from a part file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jonathan_28 use the projected View command in the toolbar, and then select any of the standard views, drag it diagonally and you`ll obtain the ISO view.

OSF.gif 147.8K
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    Use the projected view icon then click the existing view you wish to project from and project diagonally. That will create your isometric.

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @nav nice.
  • Options
    Jonathan_28Jonathan_28 Member Posts: 3
    Awesome. Thanks - a little different than what I am used to (solidworks) but that will work!