Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to save an animation?

raymond_praymond_p Member Posts: 2
Hello, I recently made a few parts and animated them and I was wondering how to save it. Like I can open the document back up and have the animation going or like there's a panel to start the animation when I reopen the document. If anyone could help, thank you! 

Comments

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,065 PRO
    Cool idea, but as far as I'm aware, isn't possible. This would be a good Improvement Request
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 207 EDU
    I end up using a combination of OBS Studio, to capture the frames, and Pencil2d, to do the animation and gifing, from onshape.  I'm sure there is an easier way but both programs are free opensource and available from portableapps.com, which means I can quietly get on with using them without bothering the nice IT people.