Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Multiple Axles

Lucas_BayerLucas_Bayer Member Posts: 11
I'm making a rudimentary version of an Automata in the software.  However, for my design to work, I need multiple axles that all rotate in unison with one another.  Is there a way to tell the software to do this, without designing gears?  Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    If you need them to spin together in unison, you can use a gear relation with the reverse direction unchecked. The gear relation doesn't actually require gears or anything like that, just two mates you want to spin together or in opposition.
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here:

• Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Onshape is not designed for simulation of complex mechanisms and motion, but there is basic functionality for moving parts in assemblies. Read up on assembly mates and "gear relations" in assemblies.  
  • Options
    Lucas_BayerLucas_Bayer Member Posts: 11
    Awesome, thanks so much.