Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - April 19th, 2021

2»

Comments

• MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,695 PRO
    My space mouse seems to be more responsive in drawings now. No doubt this is due to all of these awesome updates.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    @ryan_mcgoldrick - We had a similar problem and ended up using the 'description' field as a stand-along part name field. 

So, the document, part studio, and part name might all be something like "PRT-10015 Axle Spacer" and then the description for the part is just "Axle Spacer".  Then, in our BOMs, we just have a "description" column and take out the "name" column. This means our descriptions aren't long and aren't as useful, and the occasional typo will trip us up causing things to not match, but in general, this has been working OK.

Ideally - It would be awesome to extend the ideas from "export rules" to apply to the parts lists in part studios and assemblies (ie. create "display name rules"). Then, we could keep the right information in the right place. 
  • gareth_farringtongareth_farrington Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Thank you for the "Surfacing Tips and Best Practices"! I never understood the pierce constraint and now I do. There are a lot of situations where Loft has been frustrating to use and I am now excited to try Fill Surface instead.