Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Planes

teddy_pessagnoteddy_pessagno Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited September 2015 in Community Support
Are there any tutorials on plains?
I looked for some and have tried to figure it out. I have not been able to make any plains. But mostly I want to sketch a keyway on a shaft and thought that would be the way to do it.

Thanks
Teddy_P
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• teddy_pessagnoteddy_pessagno Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    @nav ,
    Thank you. That will work perfectly. Plane is correct not plains.
    I was thinking of sketching two circles, connecting them with lines, then trimming. I like your way better.

Thanks
    Teddy_P

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on production technology, the semicircular-ended keyway will sometimes be preferred.

I am short on time right now to post a model, but there are neat ways to model such a keyway which also work for the smaller cutter situation (4 fillets at 90 deg, instead of two at 180 deg) and which automatically make the slot the correct (standard) depth