Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to arrange several views in the correct relationship?

hansrudolfhansrudolf Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
When I select different views of a part (eg. front. left. top), how can I achieve to place them in the correct relative position? It seems that I can put them anywhere on the paper...
I tried to draw a horizontal line with the line tool, but did not find a way to 'glue' two views to that line. And then I could not delete this line... wonder what the real purpose is.

Regards, Hansrudolf
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    gonzalo_chomongonzalo_chomon OS Professional Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I think the best is that you insert the first one or use one of the autamated ones, and then, make from that one/s projected views or auxiliary views
  • Options
    Sorry Gonzalo, that does not help me. My problem is that I can put the projected views anywhere, but I want them on a horizontal (or vertical) line. Furthermore I don't know what the automated views are.

Regards, Hansrudolf
  • Options
    Hi nav, now that's a clear and fully understandable answer, thanks! I admit i did not see the purpose of the projected view button. Nonetheless thanks to the other gents also, my fault that I did not understand them correctly.

I'm always very astonished and pleased how fast I get solutions for my small problems here in this forum.

Kind regards, Hansrudolf.