Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Assembly has color. Engineering drawing has No color

rod_muirhead943rod_muirhead943 Member Posts: 94 EDU
edited April 2021 in Using Onshape
This is a sophomore assignment project.  As you can see the individual parts the assembly have color.  The engineering drawing has no color in the assembly.  Why?  ( Inventor keep the continuity through the project. )  The ISO engineering drawing should bring the color with it and it does not, so the continuity is gone.  I am really trying to learn OS, so I really appreciate everyone's input 

Another item that Inventor allows me to do on this project on the assembly plate drawing is rotate the assembly 180 degrees so that the top, back, and left faces can be seen as well.  This help the student visually, and when ballooning the puzzle components.  I'm a pretty intelligent person.  I'm sure this is a link share challenge on my part. so be patient.  Link, Share, Make Public, Not make public is really very confusing, or I'm just making it harder than it seems.  Great (Google Docs format)

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Right click on view for context menu and select 'shaded view'.

• Options
    PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    This video regarding sharing was posted this morning. I think you'll find it helpful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG1LKyoV8O0
  • Options
    By happenstance I accidently right clicked on the iso view and saw the "shaded: option.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG1LKyoV8O0

So what happens if the LINK check box is chosen on the share option?
  • Options
    Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    @rod_muirhead943
    I already went into link sharing pretty deep in response to your other post you made a while back here. I guess you never saw it, which is a bit unfortunate. In any case, I would recommend taking a look at that, then replying there if you have any additional questions.
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here:

• Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    You also mentioned adding multiple views to your drawing. Here is the help pages for adding drawing views. 

First, you'll need to add a single view such as front, back, left, right, etc. Then select the "projected view" tool. After selecting the tool, click on the first view you created and then move the mouse to the side to place a projected view from that side. You can repeat as needed to add as many projected views as you want.