Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Drafting

CadmanCadman Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
With the onset of Drawings in Onshape, it has now become a much more useful tool for me. I realize this is the first draft and enhancements are to come, however I do have some issues with the general settings and abilities in its current state and would like to mention them here to see if anyone else agrees and/or if I might be missing something.

1) we need more options for setting up the dimensions, such as
       a) arrowhead size and type.
       b) BOM's
       c) Font style and size - this should support all windows fonts at a minimum
       d) Dual dimensions
       e) Ordinate dimensioning functionality

There are many more but for now these are what I saw in the short time I have spent with drawings.

Comments

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a long list also, but on top on my list and the one function that I can't work around is

Break Lines.

I need to be able to shorten very long parts on the drawing.

• chrisjh777chrisjh777 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭
    Often, I design then create drawings for one off parts.  I then take the drawing (or drawings) to my machine shop to make the part.

To make my job easier in the workshop, I create ordinate dimensions from a Top LH side datum.  Then, after I have calibrated my manual mill to the datum, it is a simple matter of winding the handles to the ordinate positions to perform the milling operations. (I don't have to recalculate positions on the fly, on the machine).  This minimizes human error at the machine.

Ordinate dimensions are a high priority for me.