Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Assembly Configuration Course questions

alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
edited May 2021 in Using Onshape
I have been going through the course and I think I understand everything, but in 02. Basic Assembly Configurations exercise, step 5.  It seems as though the Bearing Style variable doesn't actually do anything I can see.  I see that it links to a variable of the same name in the Part Studio, and when I open the Part Studio, the variable there also doesn't seem very effective. Can anybody see what I'm missing?

I think if it is doing something, it's much too subtle and the demo should be improved.

Also, step 10 seems rather vague.  It illustrates a variety of configurations.  I guess the idea is to just play with the config options and see what happens but the illustration seems like I ought to create multiple instances of the assembly.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/858b11873f8aa5d0f55912f7/w/832225892bd26d6b30750f44/e/2fdbd7839548a3399346dd43
Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
www.virtualmold.com

Comments

• Options
    alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
    I tried again this evening and I couldn't successfully do anything.  And then I logged in again and opened it again and everything worked.  I have no idea why.
    Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com