Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Looking to hire API Developer for automated export tool

Jeremy_WinstonJeremy_Winston Member Posts: 2 PRO
Who we are:
Carlsmed - a med device startup, building patient-specific spinal solutions. Our goal is to bring data to spine surgery and provide personalized care at scale.

The project:
I need help developing a custom tool which can automate batch export of solid models from Onshape to a folder of choice. Batch export should include ability to rename a list of files quickly & consistently. It would be nice if the tool also could modify part configuration variables before exporting. This will be used as an internal tool in our organization, so UX is not very important. The project will be structured with either payment milestones or upon completion. We are not currently looking for recurring consulting work. But if the tool is high-quality, we may have future work to send your way.

If you're interested:
Please email myself at jwinston@carlsmed.com with answers to the following:
  • Why are you well-suited for this job?
  • What's your strategy for building the tool? No need for code, just an outline of the functional parts & how they work
  • Functional prototype ETA & cost (feel free to suggest payment milestones if you'd prefer them)
Thanks,
JW
Tagged:

Answers

• alan_baljeualan_baljeu Member, User Group Leader Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Email sent!
    Creating knowledge-driven design automation software, for molds, etc.
    www.virtualmold.com

• andrew_johnson771andrew_johnson771 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Jeremy,
    If you are still on the lookout for some help I would be glad to help you out, as what you are wanting done is well within my area of expertise.
    You can reach me on andrewjohnson.56782@gmail.com
    Cheers and Have a great day ahead,
    Andrew