Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

When creating a BOM I do not get the Insert Item option. Does this need to be activated?

michael_andrews469michael_andrews469 Member Posts: 3
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't remember if there is a difference between different account types for this feature. But, you do have to create the items in the company settings first. Maybe once you create the items the option to add them will show up?
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I will try that. Thanks Tim
  • Options
    mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Answer ✓
    @michael_andrews469 ensure that the document is owned by your company, not a specific user. If it is owned by your company and you still aren't seeing the insert button, please create a support ticket.

Answers

• Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't remember if there is a difference between different account types for this feature. But, you do have to create the items in the company settings first. Maybe once you create the items the option to add them will show up?
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I will try that. Thanks Tim
  • Options
    mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Answer ✓
    @michael_andrews469 ensure that the document is owned by your company, not a specific user. If it is owned by your company and you still aren't seeing the insert button, please create a support ticket.
  • Options
    Thanks