Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Feature request: sheet change buttons + indicator

joshua_samsjoshua_sams Member Posts: 21 PRO

so firstly. on my setup changing between sheets is really slow. I do not know if that’s just mine or if not, something that can be improved.

It would be nice if we could have some "Next sheet" and "Previous sheet" buttons on the page somewhere to make changing between sheets more fluid and also to help highlight that there is more than 1 sheet available. Perhaps with a Number between the buttons showing what sheet you are on.

someone else reviewing the workspace or someone coming back to a previous job can easily miss that these additional sheets exist.

in addition to this it may be beneficial to have a small Number on the tab indicating the number of sheets

opinions from other on shapers welcome

josh

Comments

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this - I often have the drawing outline panel hidden so that I have more room for working on the drawing. But, when reviewing something from someone else (or just something I haven't looked at in a while) I sometimes forget to open the outline panel and miss the extra sheets. 

I'm not sure of the best way to implement this, but I wonder if the icon on the left could be expanded to either show "hint" that there's more than one page, or include "<" and ">" buttons to scroll through the pages?
  • lemon1324lemon1324 Member, Developers Posts: 223 EDU
    It's not a visually available button, but as long as you're using the title block, the drawing itself has "sheet x of y" visible, and then the pg up/pg down/home/end keys can be used for navigation (Hit Shift-? to bring up the keyboard shortcut menu).
    Arul Suresh
    PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
  • tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the keyboard shortcut tip!

I use several shortcuts regularly, but would have never thought to look for that one. 
  • joshua_samsjoshua_sams Member Posts: 21 PRO
    Bump. - is there any way we could get some improvements added on this?

my reviewers keep complaining things are missing when there just on another sheet!