Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Slider mate between fixed Assembly and element assembled from several pieces

hi, I have a question regarding the slider mate function. for example imagine a pneumatic cylinder a piston - rod block is composed of different elements and together they move inside the piston chamber. The connection of the rod-piston block with the cylinder chamber allows the simulation of the movement of only one component of the piston-cylinder block. what should i do to make all piston components on the cylinder move together in the chamber? the components of the piston-cylinder are locked together, yet they do not slide together in the cylinder. thanks for your advice

Answers

• Options
    Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    In assemblies, group can be used to fix multiple parts together relative to one another.
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here:

• Options
    Daniel_KaneDaniel_Kane Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 22
    Hi Lucio. Any components that are expected to move together should be either Fastened together or combined using a Group command. Then, if you use a slider mate on one of the components, the rest will move with it as it slides. I have shown a simple example in the GIF below.