Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Meesed up on editing spline curve

公伸_伴公伸_伴 Member Posts: 7
Hello. When I proceeded with writing with the spline curve function of the sketch, a problem occurred when editing.  I want to move some specific points and edit the fix, but doing so affects the whole thing and all of the curves move and get messed up.  Please tell me the method that does not affect the whole.  Please tell me how to recognize in advance when the part that is not visible on the screen will be affected.

Answers

• Options
    IgnacioMartosIgnacioMartos Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 13 PRO
    Hey! Try using the final button when you are making changes: https://www.onshape.com/en/resource-center/tech-tips/tech-tip-how-to-use-onshapes-final-button 

This will help you visualize how the change will impact the rest of the model before you commit anything. 
  • Options
    jake_delano19jake_delano19 Member, csevp Posts: 19 PRO
    Due to the nature of splines, moving a single point on the curve is going to have an affect on the curvature of the entire spline curve. To have the most control over your spline curve, we recommend that you use as few spline points as possible and utilize the tangent handles of the spline as much as possible. To learn more, visit the Spline page in the Onshape Help Center.

In terms of recognizing in advance for how a design is going to be affected by a change ahead of time, you can use the Final button in the sketching dialogue to see how any changes in a particular sketch are going to affect your design further down in the modeling process. Check out our Tech Tip for using the Final button for a further explanation!