Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Create a 3 dimensional wire mesh

antonio_freixasantonio_freixas Member Posts: 4
I'm trying to create a model of a patio chair for printing on a resin 3D  printer at 1:12 scale.

Here is the reference photo for the chair:

I've modeled most of the chair and I managed to use the Fill and Thicken functions to create the area that needs the mesh.

There may be multiple ways of accomplishing my goals and I'm open to anything that might work. I should note that I am mostly a beginner with OnShape and learning as I go. There could be a spiffy feature available that makes this task very easy. Or it might be impossible to do and I could be wasting my time. Obviously, if this shape were flat, I could use a Linear Pattern along with some Boolean operation to approximate the look. I realize that's not how these wire meshes are manufactured, but then, most chairs aren't 3D printed and if they were, they would probably look different.

Answers