Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

multiple disks on a common axle--mating with clearance

david_rysdamdavid_rysdam Member Posts: 11
edited September 2015 in Community Support
I'm not sure how I'm intended to link to an example assembly. Here?

The question is about any of the axial matings. For plain disks, I've just mated each disk to the next one, which seems to work (in that case, they were axially locked anyway).

The disks in the above example have cams and obviously the cams stand proud of the disk itself. I can't have the disks mate face to face--I need the matings to be spaced along the axle. One idea I've had is to create axle bosses and mate them to each other again. It seems like there must be a better way. I know there's a way to create mate points. Maybe I should create mate points along the axle and mate a disk to each one?

The disks will be spaced evenly if that helps. Maybe I can do a division thing similar to a bolt hole circle but linearly?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    david_rysdamdavid_rysdam Member Posts: 11
    Oh, there's an offset in the mates. Didn't even notice. Thanks!