Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Beam Ends

nicholas_woodnicholas_wood Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
Is there a function to cap or apply ends to beams?
Tagged:

Answers

• CBowersCBowers Member Posts: 50 PRO
    I was just looking for an existing feature script for this today. Unfortunately I didn't find anything. For now we have to live with extrude. This seems like a fairly easy feature script to create. If someone else doesn't do it first, I'll see if my coworker can't figure something up.
  • richard_gerritsenrichard_gerritsen Member Posts: 3
    This would be very helpfull. There is a cap surface featurescript but that doesn't work. Maybe someone that does understand featurscritp can play with that. I tried the courses and it was clear I've got a long way to go so hopefully someone else will find the need to create something.
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    @richard_gerritsen

The frame tools do have a built in End cap feature, have you tried using that?
  • lukas_szwugierlukas_szwugier Member Posts: 8 PRO
    @eric_pesty
    Is there a way to include end caps to frame cut list?
    I don't see end caps in cut list.
    Is there what it is or is this just me doing something wrong :)
  • eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,462 PRO
    @lukas_szwugier
    You can manually add them in the cutlist feature, however the info in the table isn't going to be very helpful (even if you apply "overrides"), it does tell you how many of the same you need so that's something I suppose.
    It does result in the endcaps being included in composite part so if that might be helpful regardless: