Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to draw this part?

Malcolm_AknerMalcolm_Akner Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
Hi everyone. I'm trying to recreate this brazed plate heat exchanger: https://www.onda-it.com/media/1713/How-a-Plate-Heat-Exchanger-Works-Onda-SpA_2020.pdf (or something very much like it), and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. The end goal is to be able to do CFD on it, so the model has to hold up for that.
I've been trying extrusions, hollow, mirror, linear patterns, sweep etc. but nothing really seems to be doing the trick. I think the best way to create this is just to make one layer and then stack it in an assembly. I'm also pretty sure that there are two different layers being used, but it could also just be a single one that is flipped and rotated to create the pattern. The best image to go by is the one I've uploaded. Beta = 65, p = 6mm, b = 1.5 (depth of each channel).
Overall dimensions are (length,width,height) 526*111*83 mm, but all I need is a method to draw one layer. Notice that one of the sides is raised while the other is lowered. This is only important at the edges where the holes are, in the middle section everything should be symmetric.

I would very much appreciate any help to get me started on a good path.

Thank you for reading and good luck!

/Malcolm Akner

Comments