Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

multiple Onshape accounts but one forum account

I'm changing from time to to time my workplace. Sometimes I help out at past workplaces and retain access to an account. And I have my private Onshape account.
Now it would be nice to have only one forum account, that can be used on all Onshape CAD accounts.
Interestingly it looks to as if I managed in one case exactly that, but maybe i made a trick with the user name  (likely with space):

Private account:

Company account 1 (seems to be the same as my private account but interestingly the email is different):

Company account 2 (clearly a different account):

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    I have a free personal account that I use for the forum (and random tests/featurescript stuff), and I have another professional account which is owned by a place that I'm contracting for. I'm about to add more contracting work for another company, for which I'll get my own paid license, but that work will have an end point. I'm not sure if I'll want or need to have my own paid account after that.

It does really seem like the forums should have an account which is tied to the person, while the CAD accounts should be tied to the entities who pay for them. This is a common problem with SaaS tools that have free/paid personal/professional usage (e.g. Slack, Trello, Zoom, etc...).

I'm also trying to understand how the logins will work when I have another paid account. Right now I keep the forum postings in Safari with my free account and the CAD work primarily in Chrome with the paid account, and each one autofills the respective user/password. It would be nice if Onshape worked similar to Google Suite in terms of how multiple accounts are managed. There should be a "switch accounts" menu item once I have more than one cad.onshape.com account. If there is such a feature, I haven't found it.
  • Options
    Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    I always post using my personal account. Interestingly, logging into the forums doesn't seem to log me out of my other Onshape accounts or interfere with Onshape in any way - once I'm signed into the forums, I can login like normal elsewhere and everything is happy. I suppose I don't get the little Pro icon by my name, but whether that matters or not is debatable. You can also put your company name in your signature if you want to make it clear you work for a company.
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here: