Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why do my gears and revolutes act in unpredictable ways?

alex_james535alex_james535 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2021 in Community Support
Im attempting to make a gearbox of sorts and im trying to mimic a normal bearing, where the 2 attached objects are still connected but spin freely from each other. However my issue is somewhat hard to describe, i can give (rough) directions on how to replicate these issues: I can spin one gear and it wont spin the other gear as its supposed to, but it spins the one thing im trying to not spin. or i can spin the starting gear and it will spin everything including the thing im trying not to spin. If you need any more information please ask and i will answer. link to doc: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/8732ff3fb811e145aa81dfd6/w/e7c65b05e217e039d5b3d753/e/93f0776704ca40687e0a340a t

Answers