Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

DODECAHEDRON POLYGON SOLID OR WITH A WALL THICKNESS

rod_muirhead943rod_muirhead943 Member Posts: 94 EDU
Hello.  Can someone walk me through the steps, geometry, sketches and commands to create a Dodecahedron that is about the size of a a golf ball or peewee baseball?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    Hi Rod,  see this thread.

and if you search forum for dodecalhedron, other threads come up.  This one just seemed best with my quick search.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Domenico_DiMareDomenico_DiMare Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 85
    Hi Rod,

Bruce definitely suggested as good thread with a solution. There are a lot of different ways to model these kinds of geometries and its always a fun challenge to do it a different way.

Here's the way I did it.

I patterned a couple sketches to build up a wireframe, and enclosed the sketches to make one solid part. Then, it was just a matter of using shell to hollow the part out.

Hope it helps!
  • rod_muirhead943rod_muirhead943 Member Posts: 94 EDU
    Thanks!! :)