Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Expanding a female mold.

I'm  not sure how to describe what I want. Need to cut mold oversized-Then coat 2mm with a stronger material and  then  recut  to finished size. Can  not use scale because centers also move. Best way to describe this is if I set up for finished size of mold but put in  an oversized tool. Only surfaces get  pushed  out and centers  do not re-locate. I'm creating curved foil shapes and I cant get  face functions to work. Can any one suggest a way to accomplish this. Thank you

Answers

• dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Will this be helpful?

• tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the move face tool mentioned above, you might look at using offset surfaces as well. Also, when moving faces or offsetting faces, simpler geometry is easier to deal with. So, if you have complex fillets and things, it may be worthwhile to add those in after doing the offset operations.

Another approach might be to model the "molded" part, then scale that and use a boolean operation to create the female shape.