Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Big troubles when assembling parts with tangent mate

félix_balmonet014félix_balmonet014 Member Posts: 2 EDU
Hi all,
I am currently working on a project for my garage door needing a wheel and a kind of rail for the path of the wheel.
In order to simulate the overall assembly I used (for the first time) the tangent mate relation. However it is a complete failure : the wheel just make weird rotation without even touching the surface path i asked...
Here is a link of a simplified assembly I made where the same problem occurs. After having followed several tutorials i wonder where is my mistake !

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/78a569978145d858f34b2881/w/d9fe6238c4b9a6639786b1d2/e/1f420cd7e15062354ff0e717?renderMode=0&uiState=6159828c89f5071a5166c5df

Have you ever encountered this kind of problem ?

Cheers,
Félix 

Comments