Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Change detection

fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 137 PRO
Just stumbled across this to me unknown trick, but which I figure a lot of us could benefit from: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v0jIoWxaG08

Very handy if you are using workspaces in your assemblies, and it’s become a mess. Did anyone else already know this? Thanks @Roy_Mutalik !

Comments

• Options
    Roy_MutalikRoy_Mutalik Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 34
    @fnxf I'm so glad you found some use from this! I've definitely found it to be helpful, so I figured it was worth a share.

The key to this trick is when you CANCEL the dialog as I did in the video. This causes the references to be updated in the active workspace where you are working (as shown). Note that if you actually SUBMIT the candidate, it only updates these references in the version/revision that is created as a result.

Happy Release Managing!

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    I didn't know that either. Awesome tip!
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl