Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Measuring Flat Patterns?

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,367 PRO
I'm trying to figure out a way to model a flex circuit in its bent form and by controlling a dimension, end up with the flat pattern having the correct length. I can get something by trial and error which is close enough (a path length measurement in sketcher sure would help here).

One frustration is that the custom Featurescripts "Measure Value", "Measure Distance", and "Sensor" all claim to be able to measure things, but none of them seem to work in the flat pattern view. The standard Onshape measuring tools work in that view, why can't ones that are feature scripts?

Comments

• Options
    Alex_PittAlex_Pitt Member Posts: 59 PRO
    I would love to see some improvement in this area. For joinery cabinet designs, I'm modelling veneers and edge strips as sheet metal parts. The flattened dimensions of these curved parts need to be called out in the BOM/factory cutting lists. I have some basic featureScripts that work on standard flat parts, but for curved sheet metal parts, I'm not sure how to go about extracting the flat dims.