Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Finding parts which have been changed between versions

gaphillgaphill Member Posts: 5 PRO
In a Versions and history tab you can easily do that fancy color-changing comparison between two versions of the document.

But is there a way to get a list of parts which have been changed between the two versions? IOW, a list of parts which would have some color cast in the comparison.

Best Answer

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,066 PRO
    Answer ✓
    That would be a cool feature of the comparison tool, but I don't think you can yet. Does something like this use of the release tools help you though?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=v0jIoWxaG08

The fact that there's already some kind of change detection happening makes me think it could be implemented in the comparison tool, which I'd love.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    That would be a cool feature of the comparison tool, but I don't think you can yet. Does something like this use of the release tools help you though?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=v0jIoWxaG08

The fact that there's already some kind of change detection happening makes me think it could be implemented in the comparison tool, which I'd love.
  • Options
    gaphillgaphill Member Posts: 5 PRO
    Yes, basically the change detection tool functionality is what I'm after. Unfortunately, I have only a Standard subscription, release tools are not available unless I upgrade.
  • Options
    Huh, I always thought the "PRO" next to someone's user name meant they had a pro subscription. Does it just mean any paid subscription?
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Huh, I always thought the "PRO" next to someone's user name meant they had a pro subscription. Does it just mean any paid subscription?
    Yes - it is a throwback from when we only had two products - free and Pro
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI