Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Datum Flags don't follow ASME Y14.5M

S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
edited October 2021 in Product Feedback
I'm just starting to play with drawings, so maybe I'm missing something, but a couple things with datum flags are jumping out at me:

I should be able to add a flag to a linear dimension like this to indicate that I want a datum at the center of the feature dimensioned by the 4.3. I would expect the flag and triangle to replace the arrow on that side of the extension line. Instead I get this messy behavior:

Here's the standard:

I can get it to do what's shown here with 🄰 in figure 3-4 (a), but I can't do the same as what's shown with 🅂 or 🄲.

I should be able to add a flag to a diameter dimension extension line like it shows in figure 3-4 (d).

Comments

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @S1mon I created a support ticket for this.  We should have an improvement that covers this case.  
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,359 PRO
    @PeteYodis

Thanks for creating the ticket.
  • Options
    dgodfreydgodfrey Member Posts: 1
    @PeteYodis for case (d) in the image above as well?
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    edited October 2021
    @dgodfrey I created a ticket for you as well.    Case d is a separate improvement planned for radius and diameter dimension cases, as well as hole callouts.  The work around for now is to attach directly to the edge in the view  - which is a valid method as well, but just not as compact.