Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I print a drawing to scale in mm to my desktop printer?

I need to print an image of my drawing to scale on my printer. the image is not larger than an average sheet of paper, but every time i print out the drawing it is a different size? I need it in MM scale. Please help

Answers

• christopher_quijanochristopher_quijano OS Professional Posts: 50 PRO
    Look under your print options and make sure you are not scaling your document to fit. The scale to fit option shrinks your printout to fit within the printers margins. You do not want this is you are trying to print true scale.

• michael_moraismichael_morais Member Posts: 2
    When I uncheck that option and select 1:1 MM I get a blank page?
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    For the situation where a drawing is to be printed at a larger scale, it seems to me that Onshape need to implement the same dotted rectangle which comes up on screen after you choose "print" from within a model, along with the ability to drag that rectangle so it embraces the item you wish to print. 
    I hope in due course they will also implement a well-considered "tiling" facility, so that a large drawing can be printed at a large scale, even on small format printer, and put together like a mosaic.
    This has been a longstanding weakness of CAD packages on DOS and Windows platforms, whereas it was effortlessly possible on a Mac from MacDraw in the mid 1980s, and its CAD successor ClarisCAD.
  • christopher_quijanochristopher_quijano OS Professional Posts: 50 PRO
    What size of drawing template are you using and what does your printer support?

• ulrich_krackerulrich_kracker Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have the same  problem as "michael_morais" but I do not even get offered any "print options" with an selection-opprtunity of "scale 1:1".
    And: how can the dotted rectangel be draged? I cannot select the dotted rectangle at all.

Yours sincerely
    Ulrich
  • dirk_loeckxdirk_loeckx Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem. If you print from the Part Studio or Assembly, I don't think there is much of a scale. To get a scaled print, you have to create a Drawing (right-click on Part Studio). Then you can set the scale and generate a scaled pdf.