Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New Drawing Templates not complete when I switch the old ones

Hi , I just made a new drawing template and when i click on sheet properties and bring my new template ( .dwt ) to an old drawing it brings the table but a lot of notes are missing. Does anyone know why ?

Best Answer

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 524
    Answer ✓
    @Jeremie_Ohana It's very likely the drawing notes were not "Moved to..." the title block prior to setting a up a template.  This can be easily corrected by doing that on a drawing now, then exporting and downloading a fresh new template (dwt), and then updating your existing templates with that new one.   Now notes will come across on sheet format changes as you expect.  

We have a very good resource on template creation and updating processes here:
    Best Practices for Creating Native Onshape Drawing Templates - Onshape Learning Center

Pay particular attention the section for "Move to...".  Let me know if you have any more questions.  

Answers

• Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 524
    Answer ✓
    @Jeremie_Ohana It's very likely the drawing notes were not "Moved to..." the title block prior to setting a up a template.  This can be easily corrected by doing that on a drawing now, then exporting and downloading a fresh new template (dwt), and then updating your existing templates with that new one.   Now notes will come across on sheet format changes as you expect.  

We have a very good resource on template creation and updating processes here:
    Best Practices for Creating Native Onshape Drawing Templates - Onshape Learning Center

Pay particular attention the section for "Move to...".  Let me know if you have any more questions.  
  • Options
    Jeremie_OhanaJeremie_Ohana Member Posts: 3
    Thank you ! One more question : 
    When I replace a the old template with the new one, the new one only gets on top of the old, so i have two superposed templates. Is there a fix or should i just suppress the old one before i make a switch ?