Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New team is created but it is not presented under under the "Teams" shortcut area

created a team and it is presented at the enterprise settings->teams BUT is is not presented at the shortcut area.
more over, when i share a folder with this team (search detects it) it is added to the sharing area BUT the users of this team cannot access this folder.
all process worked fine with my first team but fails as described with the rest.
Tagged:

Answers

• timandrewstimandrews Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 18
    Hi @israel_zimerman, the Teams filters on the left side of the Documents page only show the teams that you are a member of. Please check to make sure you are a member of the team. In an Enterprise, you are not automatically added to the team when you create it.

Hope this helps!
  • israel_zimermanisrael_zimerman Member Posts: 4 EDU
    thanks you, helped.
    though have one thing can't find a solution to:
    i want to allow users in the team to create new docs in the folder but not to edit each other's docs - if i set the permissions to VIEW they can't create docs and if i set it to EDIT they can change other's work - is this managable?
  • chandra_harshachandra_harsha Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    thanks you, helped.
    though have one thing can't find a solution to:
    i want to allow users in the team to create new docs in the folder but not to edit each other's docs - if i set the permissions to VIEW they can't create docs and if i set it to EDIT they can change other's work - is this managable?
    For the moment, you can give "view" access to folder, and give "edit" permission to respective document to each member individually. I do not know any other way this can be done.