Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Onshape on premises with Solidworks

sachinsachin Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
We are already on board with solid works 2014 upgradeable to 2015. We are a small shop with only three seats.

PART 1

There is a situation where we want
  1. our models to be looked over, 
  2. Downloaded and fit into our customer assembly. 
  3. Modified by them in solid works and uploaded back to on shape 
  4. We can download at our end and start working on it. 
Is this possible with the work history being lost as soon as we upload??  Is there a work around? How can we make the best of the situation? 

PART 2
We want to be able to give out our cad models in a restricted format i.e. with only one or two non-constraints i.e. they will be able to modify just one or two changes and use in their design. How can we do this with Onshape?? 

Answers

• Options
    peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    @sachin
    If you copy the workspace, you will have two copies of your onshape document. Then export the copy, your customer fits it into assembly making any modifications. You then upload this back to onshape. You then compare the two documents and copy your customers modifications onto your original copy (this original still has your history)
    Again for Part2 if you save as a stp file reimport it and then add your one or two constraints that they are allowed to modify,I think this would work.